When it comes to converting a metal part into a plastic part, there are quite a few advantages to be had:
- Weight: Plastics are significantly lighter than machined or cast parts
- Cost: Plastics are cheaper to use than metals
- Corrosion: Unlike metals, corrosion isn’t a factor, especially important for medical and food-safe parts.
- Design: With molded plastics, you have more design freedom than with machined metal.
- Multi-Material: The ability to fuse several plastics together in a single part through overmolding, such as creating a soft seal with a rigid center.
- Throughput: Plastic parts also have a faster production cycle than metal parts
Want to learn more about metal-to-plastic conversions and if the process is right for you? Contact Focare Mould. With decades years in the injection mold making business, including in-house mold design and manufacturing, we can provide you with all the tools to help decide if it is right for your part.
If you’re still looking for the good two component mold maker in China, we can be your another good choice!